Friday, September 14, 2007

I have tried my hand a couple of times at blogging (or online journaling, as it was when I started on LiveJournal.com a couple of years ago). But, I just haven't been able to keep it up. Hmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with being a wife, mom of four and grad student. Throw in occupational therapy appts once a week, soccer practice twice a week and random things at three different schools that need my attention. Maybe, that's why I can never keep up. That and the fact that I can't imagine who would really want to read about the happenings of my daily life. I love to read other people's blogs. I like to know what's going on in other people's lives. Actually, it makes really good procrastination material. If there was a degree in procrastination I'd have a Ph double D. But, that's a blog for another time.

So anyway, my friend Tracey wants my blog site address. I open the page and realize that although I registered months ago, I had not yet written ANYTHING! I had to write something. I couldn't send her a blank page.

Because I have absolutely no idea where to start, this is what my day looks like today...
Friday, September 14th (I think the date is right)
6:30am ~ Wake up. I am so not a morning person. This is not pretty. Shower. This helps, a little. The bigs starts stirring.
7:00am ~ Wake up the little boys. Make breakfast (ego waffles, don't give me too much credit). Make Jacob's lunch.
7:30am ~ Brian leaves for work and takes the big boys to school. Search for wayward shoes, which are outside under the trampoline (don't ask). Round up backpack, make sure homework is in it; it should be, it was last night, but you know, gotta check.
7:45am ~ Walk the little boys to school. Yes, I walk them to school. Jacob scurries off. Take Nate to class. He has to sign in, then pick a book and sit on the carpet. Read book with Nate, then explain that I have to go work on my school work.
8:15am ~ Check email. Check boards/blogs. See what I mean about procrastinating? Start a load of laundry. Work on human subjects protection project (finished, only about 5 hours, not all today). Color my hair, when I get stressed I do things to my hair (another blog for another time), so I decided I wanted my blond highlights to be red again, now they are, strawberry blond actually. Read some policy text, I can't even remember what it said...
10:45am ~ Walk to school to pick up Nate.
11:15am ~ Back at home. Make lunch for Nate. Check email again. Look at listing for houses (OH another big blog for later). Set Nate up on pbskids.org so I can work on my stuff for a bit. Email from Tracey about my blog. Check my blog and notice I have not blogged on my blog. Must do something about that. Procrastination. And here I am.

And here is what the rest of the day looks like...
2:10pm ~ pick up Jacob from school. Fix snack. Do homework (maybe).
4:00pm ~ Take Shawn to counseling.
6:30pm ~ Meet with the realtor.
Then, a quick dinner. Drive to Mother in law's (about an hour away). Stay over, watch harvest parade with kids tomorrow. Go to carnival. (like I have time for all this fun stuff)

So that's a Friday in the life of Me. And I guess I have some things to blog about after all. Tracey, you might have to remind me to blog...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm so inspirational! :)

Keep it up!