Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby boy! Five years ago today, our Christmas season kicked off with the birth of a third son. Nathaniel Joseph. We brought him home of Christmas Eve. I wish I could find the cable to attach my camera to the computer; I would share some pictures of my little guy. For now I will just have to share some Nate birthday conversation.

From last night:
Dad: Nate, what's tomorrow?
Nate: Birthday (he wasn't in a talking mood)
Dad: Whose birthday?
Nate: Mine
Dad: How old are you going to be tomorrow?
Nate: I don't know, ask Mom.

Mom: What would you like to have for your birthday dinner?
Nate: Cheetoes
Mom: What would we have with the Cheetoes?
Nate: Sandwiches. You guys can have the sandwiches. I will eat the Cheetoes.

So, today I tried again.
Mom: Nate what would you like to have for dinner tonight?
Nate: Birthday cake
Mom: What should we have before the cake?
Nate: We'll have cake first
Mom: Then what will we have after the cake?
Nate: Cheetoes

Happy birthday Nate. We'll have a proper celebration for you in January, after we are all settled into our new house and mom regains some sense of organization. For now, we'll eat Cheetoes and cake. Because really, that's what it's all about. I love you!

1 comment:

Priceless Reflections...by Melissa said...

after cake comes exercise.... then no more cake.... then more exercise.... get back on the diet bandwagon with me. If YOU slack off, somehow *I* get fat... and that is not right. I need you and your size 10 butt BACK ON TRACK so I can lose weight this week too. Don't make me fly out there and kick your tushy!!!