Saturday, August 23, 2008

Today I'm thinking about my friend Melissa. Well, I have been thinking about them all week. On Wednesday they left for Thailand to bring home their little boy. Today is Saturday, which I think means it's Sunday in Thailand. If I'm right, they got to meet Kamin today for the first time. I can't even imagine the emotions they felt today. But, my thoughts are truly with them. And I can't wait to meet Kamin!

Children are a blessing regardless of how they come into our lives. But, adoption is a special thing. I thought I would take this opportunity to share some pictures from Joshua's adoption. Brian got Joshua and me as a package. When we got engaged, Joshua started telling people that, "In May Brian is going to be my dad." When we got married Joshua started calling him Dad, entirely of his own choosing. As soon as we could, we started the paperwork for Brian to adopt him. Here are the pictures from the hearing. The judge was a good sport too. He even gave Joshua the pen he signed the order with. The pictures are already scrapped so here is the page. (The scrapping isn't crooked, just the picture, lol)
Melissa, Lowell, Mikaela and Toby ~ I hope you are having an amazing time in Thailand. Can't wait to hear all about it!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

This is so cool! You've got some neat guys in your life.