Friday, May 01, 2009

So, yesterday was my birthday. Number 3...something. I have to admit, it was a great day. I was really feeling the love. My family is the best!
Jacob was technically the first to wish me a Happy Birthday, a few days early. He has made a birthday card for me and was so excited to give it to me. When he was finished he realized that he had made it backwards and was very disappointed. When I saw it (it is the most awesome gift!) I told him it wasn't backward; it was a left handed card. He and I are both left handed, so it was perfect. And, I will keep it forever!
Shawn came in to tell me Happy Birthday before the the older boys left for school. He gets the official claim to wishing my Happy Birthday first on my birthday :-)
I got up to here Nate and Jacob discussing my the fact that it was my birthday. Jacob said that he had already given me my birthday present. Nate responded, "But she needs more. She should have a lot of people come to her birthday." What a sweet thought!
Joshua sent me a text with the full Happy Birthday song. Silly boy.
I love my boys they are so different, but they all love me and I am blessed to have them!

Just as I was getting ready to leave work yesterday, Brian called to see if I had anything delivered to my office. I had not. He said it was supposed to be there by 5. I waited around a bit and this came before I went home.
Isn't this lovely?
Jacob had eluded a few times that he and Dad were going to have something delivered for me at work. This is why I waited for it to arrive. I new Jacob would be excited to see them. The card was signed "Love the boys" Doesn't Jacob proud of himself. And Nate it into photo bunny ears; can you see them?
My dad promised to bake me a birthday cake. This is the first one he has ever made. I think it turned out great. I also think he is getting mushy in his old age. But, I love him. He had to borrow the cake pan from his neighbor. He had to buy a measuring cup. Then yesterday, he came to my house, with this nagging feeling that he had forgotten something. He had to drive back home (about 45 minutes) to get the cake. Such a sweet gift!
I had to run out to get a birthday gift for my niece whose birthday is tomorrow (HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAITH!). When I got home and was ready to have cake and ice cream, I found my cake had been vandalized. Here is the guilty party. Anyone surprised?
It still tasted good!
I also was treated to lunch earlier in the week and have a lunch date pending. I received a couple of cards and several texts. I love technology. And thanks to facebook announcements, I have many birthday wishes on there. Thank you to all of you who signed my 100th post and wished me a Happy Birthday. You all made my day wonderful!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Okay, your dad's effort with the cake really got me.

Go, family!!

Amy said...

Happy birthday! How sweet of your dad!