Monday, January 17, 2011

Wonderful Weekend, Part 1

Brian and I escaped to the beach this weekend, without the kids. I really needed the break. Life has been kind of crazy since before the holidays. And it was perfect. It was sunny and warm. I was so tired of the fog and the cold. I didn't even realize it. But, I missed the sun. I am such a California girl.

Those who know me know that I love signs. I love taking pictures of signs everywhere I go. This one just struck me as funny. Don't feed the... whaa? Seals? Sea lions? Still makes me giggle!
I've been to Morro Rock many times. How is it that I didn't know that Morro Rock was a volcano? Well, there was a volcano there at some point. Now the rock is a lava plug. Considering the frequency of earthquakes in the area, I wonder if the rock could be dislodged...and if it were... The things I think about.
The beach at Morro Rock is one of my favorite places. I love the way the waves crash on the rocks and spray up several feet (like 20+) It's awesome! Of course, a still photo just doesn't do it justice.
Me and my honey
We also got some good letterboxing in. "Under the gaze of Lady Liberty." Only significant to those who know the significance, but it made a nice picture.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Rocky beaches = awesome. Jealous over here!