Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wonderful Weekend - Part 2

Brian and I had fun letterboxing before heading back. It was a good letterboxing weekend. We found every box that we looked for! We even went on a nice hike in the San Luis Obispo hills. Well, nice is relative. I had to ice my knee after. But, we got the box. Oh, and WE. WERE. FIRST.
This was taken about halfway up the hill.
If you look to the left of the trees, you can see our car. This was taken from the same spot as the previous photo, about halfway up.
If you look real close, there is a drive-in theater down there. This is the other side of hill, from the peak.
Then we had to go home. It was so beautiful and sunny at the coast. When we reached the mountains you could see the the clouds/fog sitting in the valley. Here is proof that there is sun above the cloud layer. Then we descended into the fog. And we didn't see the sun at all today.
If you are not familiar with letterboxing, check out atlasquest.com or letterboxing.org. This is a great hobby for the family. It's a neat way to find places in your local area that you may not yet be familiar with. It's also a good way to explore new places or get out and stretch during road trips. Let me know if you give it a try. I'd love to know I've introduced someone new to it. Beware, it's addicting!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I've never been letterboxing, but I have done geocaching. It's similar, right?

Gorgeous views. I've never been to California. Might have to fix that.