Saturday, November 24, 2007

Again, I am running a bit late in my holiday wishes and thoughts. I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had plenty to eat. I know I did and I still have leftovers in the fridge, although I think I am over Thanksgiving food.

Here are some things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving season, in no particular order:

I am thankful for the chaos that has been our home buying experience. Because it means we are in a financial position to (finally) buy a home. There are so many that do not have a place to call home and sadly there are so many losing their homes right now.

I am thankful for the term/research papers that I have coming due this week (Monday). They represent the fact that I have the cognitive and physical abilities to further my education. I also have the love and support of so many. I could not so it without them.

I am thankful for health insurance. Because without it Nate might still be without hearing in one ear, due to a big glob of wax. And even though co-pays were a killer last month, Nate got the anti-biotics he needed to fight off strep throat. I am also thankful that no one else got it.

I am thankful for extended warranties because I do not have to buy a new laptop, since one of my children kicked it off my bed cracking the screen. I'm also thankful that I have this dinosaur of a desktop computer to use while I wait two weeks for its return.

I am thankful for my crazy, often annoying extended family because I know my children are well cared for and not under foot while I am packing. They also pick up kids from school while I am in school, a gift words cannot express gratitude for.

Most of all I am thankful for my amazing family. I have a wonderful husband, who is supportive of me and is an amazing father. I couldn't ask for anything more in my soul mate. I have been blessed with three awesome boys and have the loan of a nephew who fits right in. I am thankful for all of them. They keep me grounded and laughing in the midst of all the craziness.

I am thankful for "the board" my online community of mommy friends. I look forward to hanging with the girls each year. Sometimes, you just need the support of a girlfriend and I have found some good ones there.

No comments: