Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My computer time has been severely limited by the addition of a baby boy to our family. NO! I didn't have a baby; my sister-in-law did, on Saturday night. Baby Dakota arrived almost a month early. He's a little guy by our family standards, weighing in a 5 pounds 8 ounces (Joshua was 9 pounds 6 ounces, see what I mean by our family standards, lol). He is 18.5 inches long. He is the big guy in the NICU though. He was having some breathing trouble in the beginning so needed some help in the NICU. He is currently off all the machines and monitors. YAY DAKOTA! He may even get to come home when mom does tomorrow if he is eating well.

Meet Dakota. Look at all that hair!

He still had his IV and monitors when I visited yesterday.

Mom got to hold Dakota in the NICU while I was there.

While mom and Dakota are in the hospital, we have been babysitting his 10 month old "big brother." He's the baby who has interupted my computer time. He's really an easy baby. But, I guess I had forgotten how much work a little one can be. My kids are pretty self sufficient now. I mean they can feed and dress themselves. It was quite a task to get everyone out the door on time for church on Sunday :-) This is a good reminder of why we stopped at Nate. It's been fun, but it will be nice to give him back to his parents. Then I can borrow him again when the Baby Bug starts to bite :-)

No comments: