Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a great day to be an American! It doesn't matter who you voted for, or which party you hold true to. Today, is a day of change. It's a day of hope. It's a day of dreams. This is why we have term limits. It is time for new leadership in our country. And the people chose Barak Obama!

As I watched the inauguration, at home alone, I wished I was there. I wish I could say I was there on this historical day. I did not vote for Obama because he is African American; nor did I vote for him in spite of it. I voted for him, because I believe he supports the things that are important to me. I also acknowledge the significance that this day brings to the African American community. They can honestly say to their children, "you can be anything you dream to be when you grow up, even president." I believe Dr. Martin Luther King was smiling down today. As a country, we have come so far.

Obama's speech was inspiring and full of hope for our country. I love that he spoke of us in unity, the things "we" need to do. How "we" can help each other and ourselves. I look forward to seeing what Obama's plans are for the next four years. I believe we will be in a better place four years from now. Now, we have a lot of work to do.

My prayer today is for our country; for the wisdom of it's leaders; for the unity of it's people. We are a great country and I proud to be an American!

No comments: