Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Year's resolution? No, I don't do those any more. It seems they never stick anyway. But yet again, I'm trying to gain some control over my weight. I was successful at losing about 20 pounds in the first half of last year. Then in the last have, gained most of it back. UGH. So here I go again.

My motivation? A little black dress, that I plan to wear on a little cruise, to Alaska in June. We will celebrate our tenth anniversary in May (but cannot go until school is out). I want to look good for my husband (who thinks I'm beautiful anyway).

Additionally, I want to get back to eating healthier. Last semester was crazy. There didn't seem to be enough hours in the day for school, homework, grading, laundry, cooking...you get the idea. This semester (hopefully) will be a little lighter. I also plan to stick more closely to planned menus. That's the plan anyway. I'll let you know how it goes. Plus, if I can't think of anything else to write about, I can share the menu. That will keep people coming back, HA!

And the final piece of my plan: A little half marathon in May. Brian and I are planning to walk the River Parkway half marathon. We can currently walk 4 miles easily and 6 without too much effort. Now to bump it up to 13. I am looking forward to this. I think the toughest part is finding the time to walk. We usually put in 4 miles after the little boys are in bed. That is one of the perks of having teens at home. I will keep you posted on this as well.

So, those are my little plans for the first half of this year. Come back often. Cheer me on.

No comments: